Background

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A First For Me: Coloring & Cards (Challenge w/ Chandiwalsh & Queenbeescreations)

Hola everyone... I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. For me it is a quiet weekend at home because the kiddies are not feeling well. Hoping they will be better soon as I am definitely falling behind on projects... Lol... And of course, I hate it when they are sick... you can't help but be sad for them... I have been spoiling them rotten with movies and cuddling on the couch... Lol...

And so on to some cards... I wanted to share some coloring I did and my first attempt on blending... I watched Arlene's (mybutterflykisses12) video on using paint thinner (100% mineral spirits) & stumps.. Loved it... I tried it and loved how it came out... Of course, I only have a set of 24 cheapy pencils but I am hoping to get some prisma pencils soon.. Fingers crossed!!!

And since I am involved in a "use only what you have" challenge with Chandi (yt: chandiwalsh) & Angie (yt: queenbeescreations) I decided to use the images on our first challenge. The challenge was to create 2 cards with the theme being Spring. Here is the final product:

This one is called "Ready for Summer"... I know it is silly to name my cards... but it helps with the thought process when I know what I am looking for in the card...

Here is a closeup so you can see the blending.

This is "Spring Has Sprung". I used a ready made card and added a little more to it with some glitter glue. I then added the Twirl Anya image and a stamped saying by Making Memories.

I call this one "You Are My Friend"... It is the Fancy Anya image, $1.00 store flower, a doillie above a nestabilitie... I rounded the corners with my corner chomper... I really loved how this one came out...

I just can't wait to get my prismas so that I can color their face and body as well...

Well, thanks for coming.. Have a wonderful blessed weekend...

Much love.


17 comments:

  1. TFS JAckie I luv them :)
    X's Alee'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Jackie! Looks like you've already got the hang of using the spirits.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet cards! You are having no problem with blending! I am your newest follower (Momo sent me) and I hope you drop by and visit me too!
    http://smilin2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute card good job momo sent me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello beautiful cards you did I am a new follower momo sent me I hope you check my blog too!
    alvinascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cards! Momo sent me and now I am a follower!
    pretty blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are beautiful! I am a new follower, sent by the fabulous Momo! I love your blog, I am so glad Momo is doing this! I am following a ton of awesome blogs now! Would be so blessed if you would stop by my blog at www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card!!
    Momo send me and now your new follower!
    cecy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie, I just gave you an award on my blog, and posted you as one of my favorite blogs! Great job, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jackie! Such an adorable card! Momo send me over to check out your amazing blog. You got yourself a new follower. Come check out my blog, I have a cartridge giveaway. Last day to enter is tomorrow.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98@gmail.com
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute cards!!! The fabulous Momo sent me and I’m a new follower :)
    ~ Lu
    http://www.craftingwithlu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sit stay awhile...why sure i did, awesome cards... I've been sent by MOMO, isn't she fabulous. Love your blog. I'm now a new follower. Would love if you dropped by mine. www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jackie! I didn't know you had a blog. I'm following you now. =)
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards!
    TFS~Raechel
    http://raechelscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg cute cards. well done
    Julie
    www.pitababefromoz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are adorable! I am a new follower and look forward to seeing more.

    callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the cards. Super cute and fun.Momo sent me and now I am a follower. I am looking forward to see what you come up with next. I am new to blogging and only have one project posted so far but feel free to stop by, look around and grab a button.

    Happy Crafting,
    Kim
    http://mycraftingcreations.com

    ReplyDelete