Hola everyone. It has been over 3 years since my last post. I wish I could say that I have crafted alot throughout that time but in all truthfullness, it is more like moved alot. Since my last post the location of my craft room has changed 3 times. We haven't moved homes just my craft space. Lol. When I last posted, I had a new baby and now he is 4 years old. Wow, time does fly. I am still at home with the children but it just doesn't leave me with time to craft. When I started this blog it was to keep tabs on craft projects and crafty friends. I haven't really subscribed to any other type of blogs but in truth this may change. I have been reevaluating somethings and it seems that things need to change. For one thing, the shopping has been cut back. Other than this blog, I also have a you tube channel and all you ever saw on that channel were haul videos. About 2 years ago, I decided that it had to stop but of course it was only cut back. Lol. I was always out looking for deals. If I watched a haul on you tube, I had to run out and get what I saw. I have things that have never been open and will probably never be opened. I mean seriously, how many "Thank You" stamps does someone need. How many different types of frame dies does someone need. The background of a card or a layout is usually covered when I am done with a project. Lol. I just thought, I have to have it. I was home and I did not have the time to craft so what I did I do.... Shop! Late at night while putting the baby to bed, I would surf the net for deals and supplies. I mean I have punches that are similar from 3-4 different companies. And yes, it is the same cut or punch with a minimal difference. If put on a card or a layout, noone would know the difference, unless they too are "crafters". We of course, can tell a stamp company by an image or cut from a die. Yet, I sometimes forget an appointment or an event. I find myself writing things down over and over again because I want to remember. Why don't I have planner you ask? Why don't I just put it in my phone? There are too many questions that I ask myself daily. I have had planners since high school. Every year, I go and buy a planner and it starts off great with filling in birthdays and upcoming events that are planned in advance (communions, weddings, graduations, etc.). Yet somehow as things come up, I forget to add them. Now, I find myself, asking my husband or my daughter or even the boys to remind me. Lol.
So, with a list of things I want to acomplish and change, came this blog post. I want to be more active with my blog. I want to create more projects and layouts. I want to get back to having some "me" time. My first step was to start destashing so that I could make the room the space I needed to create. There is so much that I find it overwhelming to enter my craft room. It is alot of work. It is like having a job because I am on my feet hours sorting and packaging. Don't get me wrong, it is a blessing. It has helped out in the house with bills and tuition and that is truly God sent. After a day of organizing, sorting and packaging my back is usually bothering me and feet are swollen. I usually take the next day to try and rest but of course we are always running around with something to do. The boys have their extracurricular activies and their events. So, it has been a long process. I am not sure how long it will be before I am done with the space but I will say that I do try and get some crafting in. In July I was able to complete 3 layouts. The shopping did not fully stop but it has been so much better. It is no longer a routine to go shopping for craft supplies. Seriously, it became a daily routine. I try not to watch haul videos and when I see something new come out, I find myself looking to see if I have something similar in my stash. I have stopped watching craft events and stopped looking at weekly ads for craft stores.
I decided that I would end with a big splash and so I am attending the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo this year and I will be cropping and taking my first classes. I am super excited. I usually attend both days and shop. This year was to be different. Lol. I know that I need a change. After the expo, I hope to be taking a long break from shopping. I have purchased a Dollar Tree planner (yes, another) and plan on making a schedule for my crafting, blogging and you tube videos. I want to try new things and learn what I like and don't like. Do you know that I have everything I need for mixed media but have never done it. Seriously, everything from the brushes to the different glazes and texture paints. I have everything I need to make jewelry but I have never tried it. I want to be able to try all different crafts rather than buy and just let it sit. Well, I rambled enough. I really just wanted to catch you up with my "craft" part of life. I will be adding another post with pics of the layouts that I have created (all in one month) . I promise to try and make that one a short post. I pray you are all doing well. Until the next post...
Scrappy hugs,
Jackie
Hi Jackie, glad to see your post. Having a baby changes our outlook and priorities. You are truly talented don’t stop crafting but I understand times does goes by so fast. I wish you the very best and ask the Lord to bless you and your family. Many hugs🤗
ReplyDelete